Thursday, April 25, 2013
Thursday, April 11, 2013
The school year is winding down so I'm making plans for the summer and for the fall. This summer, I plan to do a home summer camp with day trips for the babies. I got the idea from Pinterest but I haven't full mapped out my plan. I need to sit down and give it some focus. I also plan to get my business off the ground.
Yes, business. I'm a Thirty One consultant. Check out my website. Go ahead, take a peek.
I am also thinking about the fall, whether full time is the way to go. Lots up in the air so I probably won't post much over the weekend. Sugar baby turned one I'll post pics ASAP.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
2. My mother, my oldest daughter, and I have the same middle name.
3. I love me some Facebook.
4. I love playing board games with my brothers.
5. I'm the oldest of four and the only girl.
6. I have five kids.
7. When I was in third grade, I wanted to live on a farm with my eight kids.
8. In my senior book, I wrote that I wanted 3 boys.
9. I had my first child when I was 18. I had been out of high school four months.
10. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about six months. He kicked.
11. I breastfed all my babies, sometimes for a pretty long time. As of February 2013, 56 months and counting.
12. My husband is 3 years younger than me.
13. We met at Burger King. I worked there.
14. I have a B. A. in elementary education.
15. I scored in the top 15% of test takers on the PLT. I have never taught full time but I'm still certified.
16. I'm three classes shy of my M.Ed.
17. Grilled cheese sammies are my fave.
18. Cilantro disgusts me. It tastes like soap.
19. I love each of my kids the best. They are each my favorite.
20. I cloth diapered my last two kids.
21. No, my tubes aren't tied.
22. I don't know if I want more kids.
23. I like going to the movies by myself from time to time. I can see what I want and I don't have to share my snacks.
24. I still want go live on a farm.
25. If I was super rich, I'd buy an island and go off grid.
26. I recently relaxed my hair. I needed a change. It was a hard, hard choice.
27. I don't eat many veggies.
28. I eat lots of ice cream.
29. I took 3 years of French (I, III, & IV) and 2 years of Latin I'm high school.
30. I took Spanish in college.
31. I'm not fluent but I can speak passable Spanish
32. 4 of my kids have Hebrew names. The other's name is Welsh bc it was the only one on which we could agree.
33. All of my girls' names have to do with water: dew from heaven, autumn rain, and a brook or stream. Water calms me, even though I'm a fire sign.
34. I drive American cars. Especially Dodges.
35. I love Modern Family.
36. And Real Housewives of Atlanta.
37. I'm Team Kandi.
38. My fave ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
39. I have a problem with cloth diapers. I am obsessed. The most I've paid for one-$43. For one diaper.
40. Yes, I had a goodmama. I lost it, though. Just have an insert now.
41. I've never stolen anything.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Sugarbaby turns one on Saturday. One. A whole year old. We are throwing her a party.
I hate throwing parties. I basically overdid it, OD'd on parties with the first three. They had shindigs every year, themed galas with magnificent cakes and entertainment. Marionette puppet shows, costume parties, I was that mom. Mind you, astronaut and squirrel's birthdays are nine days apart, followed by Halloween 12 days later, Lettuce's birthday 20 days later, Thanksgiving up to a week later, my birthday 2-3 weeks later, princess' birthday 3 DAYS later, Christmas a week after that and then New Year's.
Exactly. 10 hellish weeks.
Then, I realized that I was creating my own misery by falling into the birthday party pressure. I realized I was spending a lot of money for something the kids wouldn't even remember. I realized that I myself am only certain of 2 parties-my first and a sleepover when I was 11 or 12.
Yet I continued to get older.
So I stopped. Cold turkey. My friends were shocked.
That is not to say we don't celebrate birthdays. We do, with cake and presents and a family dinner. Birthday kid's choice. They love it. It's their day, their special day.
And guess what-they keep getting older.
But Sugarbaby is turning one, and a party she shall have!
Friday, March 29, 2013
This is no fun for me. She is fussy and demanding all night. But It's not like her regular brand of demanding. It's something much worse.
Usually she just demands to have all night access to the milk bar. Fine with me, she can feed herself. When she's sick, though, she wants more. Much more.
Sugarbaby's list of demands:
#1 access to the milk bar for pinches-she just pinches me over and over again like she wants me to be equally miserable.
#2 my pillow-she lays on it. Except when she doesn't.
#3 my head-she lays on it, too. Except when she doesn't.
#4 my abdomen-she lays across it. The better to pinch me; I guess.
I must not have met her demands because she woke me up Wednesday morning by sneezing a mass of sticky, yucky baby snot on my left eye. I had to shower to get it off.
Get well soon, sugarbaby.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Blogs used to be a two way convo? Remember when people used to comment with their thoughts and share? This sense of nostalgia is brought to you by the reading of my old blog. I miss the back and forth conversation with my readers. It was more like I was sharing, as opposed to talking to myself.
Darn you, Facebook. Those blurbs have squeezed out quality musings. Twitter's even worse. It is so hard to condense my self to 141 characters.
Even Facebook kinda sucks now that all people do is share the same pics.
So...what brings you to my blog?